Posted by Kadeem Clarke on May 14th 2021

Legalize It

Welcome back! So you've committed to opening a shop. Congrats. We'll trust that you read our previous blog posts, so let's get right to it.

A wise man once said "Only two things in life are certain. Death and taxes." The cannabis industry is no stranger to this. First off, the IRS will require you to obtain an Employee Identification Number (EIN), which is also referred to as your business tax ID number. Each EIN is unique in the same way that your Social Security number is. In addition, you will need a federal and a state EIN fi you hire employees.

Next you'll want to get a tobacco license for your state. Now, as much as I would love to help each and every one of you, it's honestly not a realistic goal. Instead, I'll show you a shortcut. A while ago, a couple of silicon valley tech nerds created the worlds largest catalog of of websites, free to use, for everyone. Yes, I'm talking about Google. Type in "How to get a tobacco license in ______" and you'll see a ton of results. You need to pay for the license it so make sure the site is legitimate.

Finally, you'll need a resale certificate. Remember that business you tried to start years ago. Yeah, we're guilty too. Go ahead and dig out that certificate, send a copy to your wholesaler, and start selling.

We'll keep you updated with more smoke and vape new, tips, and tricks. Check back often. Peace and love!